Sprott Enhanced Balanced Fund
Effective August 1, 2017 Ninepoint Partners LP bought the Canadian Diversified Assets of Sprott Asset Management LP (SAM).
John Wilson joined SAM in January 2012 with over 25 years of investment and business experience. Previously, he was Chief Investment Officer at Cumberland Private Wealth Management. Prior to that, John founded DDX Capital Partners, an alternative investment management firm; was Managing Director and a top-rated technology analyst* at RBC Capital Markets; and previously, a Director at UBS Canada.
John earned his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Queen’s University, and is an MBA graduate of The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
* Brendan Wood International, top rated in 1999 and 2000
|Distributions||Income (if any) Distributed Quarterly, Capital Gains (if any) Annually, Reinvested Automatically. Monthly Cash Distributions (T)|
SPR 240 - (A)
|Nature of Securities||Mutual Fund Trust Units|
|Type of Fund||Canadian Balanced Equity|
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000 CDN|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$25 CDN|
|Minimum Investment Term||20 days (1.5% penalty)|
|Management Fee||1.90% (Series A, T) 0.90% (Series F, FT)|
|Performance Fee||10% of Excess over blended benchmark index1|
|Eligible for Registered Plans||Yes|
|Investor Risk Tolerance||Low|
Fund ObjectiveThe Fund seeks to achieve long term capital growth and to generate current income. The Fund invests primarily in Canadian equities, fixed-income securities of Canadian issuers, and foreign equities and fixed-income securities. The Fund provides downside protection through tactical changes to asset allocation and the use of option strategies.
Why Invest in the Sprott Enhanced Balanced Fund
- Experience and expertise - Prior to joining Ninepoint Partners, John managed assets exclusively for high net worth investors, and had a demonstrated track record of index-beating performance; award-winning manager Scott Colbourne brings extensive experience investing opportunistically in all fixed income categories;
- Versatile - The Fund is designed to weather today's volatile investment environment; the managers utilize a flexible and opportunistic approach to maximize absolute returns;
- Growth with downside protection - The managers use a disciplined investment process that focuses on capital preservation and risk management: tactical asset allocation, equity option strategies and short selling
- Core balanced holding - The Fund provides an actively managed solution, ideal for investors seeking conservative growth and current income;
- Tax-efficient cash-flow - Series T and FT are available to provide monthly tax-efficient
The indicated rates of return for series A/class A securities of the Funds are based on the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit/share value and reinvestment of all distributions or dividends and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. This communication does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of the Funds.